Saturday, July 18, 2009

Eiffel TOUR

We finally reached the top of the most popular of all monuments…the Eiffel Tower!!!…or Tour Eiffel if you’re French (like me). We walked to the second level (and I almost died mind you to the SECOND level) and watched the sunset and Paris become the city of lights. It was so romantic, I was so glad I was there with my boyfriend who then proposed to me. Oh wait, that was just a mural they have at the top. Cool.

My boyfriend(s).

We took about 700 pictures because as the sunset Paris looked just a little different and always, always amazing. You can see EVERY monument - Arc de Triomphe, Trocadero, Sacre Cour, Les Invalides, Schwarma rotating in the storefront windows and everything else in Paris. The night started out beautifully and as we ate at the little café inside and watched a storm brewing in the horizon. We couldn’t capture it on film, but we could literally see lightening bolts turning the sky pink on all four sides. They were getting suspiciously closer and after the tower sparkled (it was nuts being inside of it when it was sparkly. Think giant strobe light. Not gonna lie I was a little afraid of having a seizure) we decided to peace out at JUST the right time. It didn’t just rain, it POURED. I think God was angry I took drunk pictures in front of Notre Dame. He means business in Paris. We were literally about to be swept into the Seine (we’re talking branches falling on our heads, torrential downpour and people were probably getting struck by lightning) a magical metro stop appeared and THANK GOD for public transportation underground. We beat the bulk of the rain AND made it home almost unscathed. Can’t wait for Versailles tomorrow in the STORM of the century. I still only have a cardigan and opened toed shoes. COOL.

Oh and did I mention that I took over 3 million pictures (otherwise known as 176 pictures) but iPhoto corrupted all but the 3 I edited. COOL. So the only pictures I have from this epic night are the ones with no view and that I edited my bullfrog chin / shiny forehead. And now I just told you I airbrush my pictures. God I'm embarrassing.

This one I only lightened, the rest is true beauty.
Haaaha
Well, I guess I couldn't really get rid of the bullfrog chin no matter what setting I used.
Ribbit ribbit.


P.S. as I’ve been typing I’m sitting here in my dorm with my windows open listening to the rain. It’s also super hot so I’m not wearing any pants. There have been flashes coming in my window and I assumed it was lightning (there was thunder and rain…safe assumption) as I went to close my blinds I noticed a creepy old man on his balcony. Coincidence? God I hope so.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Kim, I love your posts, and may I say I feel like you are the happiest you have ever been. I miss you tons and can't wait to see and hear from you in person.

    ReplyDelete